FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JCPSD has worked with the Jefferson County Government to received Federal funding administered through the CARES Act, to establish a Utility Assistance program for anyone financially affected by COVID-19. These funds are available to any JCPSD sewer or water customer that meets the following program guidelines:
· Sewer or water customers of Jefferson County Public Sewer District.
· Sewer or water customer with account arrears dating back no further than April 1, 2020 and ending in August 31, 2020.
The Utility Assistance program will provide the following assistance:
· One-time payment provided to JCPSD customers account totaling the amount owed at time of service.
· Amount of assistance shall meet the arrears due for the customers balance through the April 1 to August 31 period.
· Amount includes late fees, disconnection fees and reconnection fees.
All program applicants will be required to complete an application and must provide the following:
· Completed JCPSD Utility Assistance Application.
· Affirm that the household has been impacted by COVID-19.
· Proof of residency in the household.
If you think you are eligible for assistance, please contact our customer service representative, 636-797-9900 to discuss. Funds are limited so please submit your application early. (application attached)
Douglas S. Bjornstad, P.E. District Manager